Get worldwide access to your account to obtain cash and make purchases 24 hours a day! Have you ever opened your checkbook and realized that you were out of checks? Have you ever needed to make a purchase and the business doesn't accept checks? Tired of the lengthy time it takes to write checks? Chippewa Valley Bank Cash/Debit cards make all of these transactions possible and there are so many other advantages:
- Ease of Use - There's no checkbook to remember, no checks to reorder, and no check writing needed at your point of sale.
- Acceptance - Practically every merchant accepts MasterCard, while many restrict check acceptance to local residents or don't accept checks at all.
- Fraud Security - Like a credit card, Cash/Debit cards protect you from fraudulent use. See the Fraud Detection info below.
- Better Purchase Tracking-Cash/Debit card transactions show up on your monthly statement in addition to your checks and deposits. However, since Cash/Debit card transaction are completely electronic, greater detail about the retailer is captured, allowing you to keep track of your purchases without writing lengthy descriptions in your check register or using duplicate checks.
- Cash cards allow you to make cash withdrawals from your accounts at ATMs and make purchases using your Pin number where merchants allow, up to your daily dollar limit.
- Debit cards not only allow you to withdraw money from your accounts, you can also make purchases wherever MasterCard is accepted up to your daily dollar limit. The money is taken directly out of your checking account.
To report a lost or stolen Cash/Debit card: If your cash/debit card has been lost or stolen, and it is during normal business hours, please call your local office. If after normal business hours, on a weekend or holiday, you may also call our Hot Card Service Center at 1-800-554-8969. Please follow up with your local office during normal business hours.
Cash/Debit Card Fraud Detection
We may be calling you...To protect your account, we monitor your Cash and Debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S. issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent Cash/Debit card activity, we'll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- You'll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad.
- You'll also be provided with a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your current phone number and address at all times. In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions.
Tips for Fraud Avoidance regarding your Debit Card
- Check your list twice: Review your account activity regularly with Phone or Online Banking, especially during or after shopping trips, vacations, etc.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Always enter your pin number discreetly and cover the pin pad when entering the numbers. Do not repeat sensitive financial information in a crowded shopping center where it can be overheard.
- Know your credit report: Review your credit report at least once a year, keeping an eye out for suspicious or unauthorized transactions. You can get a free credit report once a year from each of the three major credit bureaus.