Cash/Debit Card Application
Why should I get a Cash or Debit Card?
- Worldwide Access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
- Easy to use - no writing checks or remembering your checkbook.
- Fraud Security - Like a credit card, Cash and Debit cards protect you from fraudulent use. See the Fraud Detection info below.
- Better Purchase Tracking - statements show greater detail about when and where the card is used.
- Cash cards allow purchases made with a PIN and ATM withdrawals.
- Debit cards allow purchases and ATM withdrawals.
You are now able to manage your debit card from your CVB Mobile App!
If you haven't already, you will need to download the Chippewa Valley Bank Mobile App from your device's app store. Once you're in the app, you will tap My Cards to access these features and more:
- Turn your card on and off
- Report your card lost or stolen
- Receive customized purchase alerts
- Set limits on amount, location, or transaction type
- View transaction details
- Manage travel plans
- Add your card to your Mobile Wallet (see below for more information)
Mobile Wallets allow you to make quick and secure payments without needing your debit card! By adding your Chippewa Valley Bank debit card to Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, or Samsung Pay™, you’re able to use your Fingerprint, FaceID, or device PIN to authorize payments at touchless terminals by holding your device near the reader. Your card number is then tokenized, meaning a random number is generated to disguise your card information so the merchant, app, or website you are using doesn’t have access to your real card number and adds an additional layer of protection against fraud.
To enroll for:
- Apple Pay®: Click Settings, Wallet, Apple Pay®, follow the prompts.
- Samsung Pay™: Open Samsung Pay™, Menu, tap Cards.
- Google Pay™: Download the Google Pay™ app, open app and follow setup instructions.
Merchant Card Services
- Allows your business to accept virtually all credit cards, debit cards and check cards.
- Electronic draft capture technology allows you to verify funds immediately.
- Convenient and easy to read monthly statements.
To report a lost or stolen Cash/Debit Card
- During normal business hours, please call 866-282-3501.
- After normal business hours, on a weekend, or on a holiday, please call our Lost or Stolen Card Center at 1-833-337-6075. Please follow up with your local office during normal business hours.
Cash/Debit Card Fraud Detection
To protect your account, we monitor your Cash and Debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S. issued card is used unexpectedly overseas), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent Cash/Debit card activity, we'll be texting and/or calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card. Here's how it works:
- You will receive a text listing the transaction(s), and you will be able to reply to the text if the transaction(s) were authorized by you or not.
- If you do not reply to the text, our automated system will call and ask you to verify recent transaction activity. You'll be able to respond via your touch-tone keypad.
- You'll also be provided with a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your current phone number(s) and address at all times.
Tips for Avoiding Fraud on your Debit Card
- Review your account activity regularly with Phone or Online Banking, especially during or after shopping trips, vacations, etc.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Always enter your PIN number discreetly and cover the PIN pad when entering the numbers. Do not repeat sensitive financial information in a crowded shopping center where it can be overheard.
- Know your credit report: Review your credit report at least once a year, keeping an eye out for suspicious or unauthorized transactions. You can get a free credit report once a year from each of the three major credit bureaus.